Old messages show as changed every day

An RSS/Atom newsreader with features comparable to commercial newsreaders.
hbowman
Harmless

Old messages show as changed every day

Postby hbowman » Fri Jan 02, 2015 7:22 pm

I pretty much stay parked on the "Unread Articles" choice, so I can read what I haven't seen each day and then move on.

One of the feeds I subscribe to is http://www.daybydaycartoon.com/feed/ . Every day, it shows over a dozen "new" posts, only one of which is real (blue dot) -- the others are marked with green dots, which claims to mean that something on the page was changed. I have to "mark read" all these articles every day, over and over, to get them off the to-do list.

Now, people can add comments to each page for a few days, so I suppose I could understand that, but most of the pages that show up as "changed" every day have comments closed. I also subscribe to other feeds where people can and do add comments, but old articles there never show up with green dots. This is the only feed I use that does this.

Is there something that could be done (on either end) that would stop this misbehavior?

barijaona
Vienna Team

Re: Old messages show as changed every day

Postby barijaona » Sat Jan 03, 2015 6:30 am

In the general preferences, uncheck the option which marks updated articles as unread.
I contribute to Vienna RSS as a developer.
Please, don't forget those tips for writing a good bug report

hbowman
Harmless

Re: Old messages show as changed every day

Postby hbowman » Sun Jan 04, 2015 7:39 am

I found the checkbox to which you refer, but it is, in fact, unchecked already. Meanwhile, the green dots showed up again today, as always. Thanks for the tip, but the problem must be something else.

Return to “Vienna”