Problem using quiet hours feature on version 1.1.5

An iPhone client for Growl available on the App Store.
Miko
Harmless

Re: Problem using quiet hours feature on version 1.1.5

Post by Miko »

Anyone around? Zak?

Still unresolved :(
zac
Cocoaforge Admin

Post by zac »

I know, I haven't had a chance to look into it. I'll probably have a chance after today, I've got a lot of other things that need doing before the end of today.
Miko
Harmless

Post by Miko »

Thank you :)
Miko
Harmless

Post by Miko »

I'm starting to sound like a broken record... by prowl notifications while I'm quite time are starting to driving me insane... any update on this Zak? Thanks
zac
Cocoaforge Admin

Post by zac »

Quiet hours should now work if you're in half-time-zones (i.e., +09:30).
godforhire
Harmless

Post by godforhire »

I don't get a notification during quiet hours for emergency notifications sent from (any) applications on my Mac. The badge on Prowl is updated nicely however. If I send a notification from the website with emergency priority, it works fine and I do get a message.
Turning the quiet hours off, the application notifications arrive fine. It might be that Growl or the app don't correctly pass the priority.
Any ideas?
zac
Cocoaforge Admin

Post by zac »

What version of the Prowl plugin do you have?
godforhire
Harmless

Post by godforhire »

I'm using Growl 1.2 & Prowl 1.0.4 on OS X 10.6.1; and 1.1.5 on iPhone.
Miko
Harmless

Post by Miko »

zac wrote:Quiet hours should now work if you're in half-time-zones (i.e., +09:30).

Thank you Zac!

Confirmed working :)
mlcampbe
Harmless

Post by mlcampbe »

Can you check my server-side settings? I have quiet times set to 10pm-7am but received a notification this morning at approx 6:10am central time.

Can you confirm that quiet times are enabled and my timezone from the server side?
merciful
Harmless

Post by merciful »

I only turned on to Prowl a few days ago, and I really dig it: except that it doesn't respect my quiet time settings at all. At 12:50 am I woke to an innocuous note from my brother-in-law; this AM, testing proves that it's not working at all. If you could have a look at my settings (this is my Prowl username as well), Zac, I'd be grateful.

I'm on UTC -4.

---

Working now, thanks very much!
maelcum
Harmless

Post by maelcum »

Hi,

are quiet times depending on the iPhones internal clock or the servers'?
My quiet times should be from 01:00 (am) to 07:30 (am) in a +1h Western Time Zone.
Funny enough the alarms go off an hour earlier. Could this have something to do with summertime (or rather: not)?

Cheers
bubbanc
Harmless

Post by bubbanc »

I'm seeing this too. I have my quiet times start at 10:30pm but have noticed that I don't get any alerts from about 9:30pm on. Not sure if this is a timezone issue or like the above person mentioned with daylight savings. My username is 'bubba'.
wizdude
Harmless

Post by wizdude »

i'm in melbourne, australia and have a problem with quiet times being off by one hour.

i have two phones - one is an iPhone 4 on firmware 4.0.1 and the other is an iPhone 3GS on firmware 3.1.3.

i have to set my quiet hours an hour earlier - for example, I set it to 10pm for it to start working by 11pm.

there was a lot of discussion recently about a daylight savings bug with the alarm but this only affected phones on firmware 4.1. my phones were unaffected by this.

it wasn't too annoying once I worked it out, but it would be nice to have this fixed.

cheers, wizdude.
maelcum
Harmless

Post by maelcum »

Europe just switched times again (so we have "winter time" now) and things are working nicely for me.
Since my quiet times hardly change, I don't see this issue as a big problem - for me, that is. :)
Just need to adjust the quiet times when time is switched to summer time next year.

From what I can say, it looks as if the problem only pops up when a message is forwarded by Growl.
All scripts that use curl to send notifications to prowl are working nicely, no matter what the time setting is.
Might be a problem with the Growl-Plugin rather than Prowl on the iPhone.

On a side note:
wizdude wrote:there was a lot of discussion recently about a daylight savings bug with the alarm but this only affected phones on firmware 4.1. my phones were unaffected by this.
The problem has nothing to do with iOS. It was present long before iOS 4.x was introduced. Even if it was connected somehow, it would only affect you on those two days a year, when the times are switched.
Banzy
Harmless

Post by Banzy »

Quiet hours works erraticaly sometimes works fine and others doesn't.