Priority embeded prowl key

An iPhone client for Growl available on the App Store.
jghansen
Harmless

Priority embeded prowl key

Postby jghansen » Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:55 am

I am having an issue trying to enter email keys into certain programs, particularly Alarm Notification software. it will not let me enter keys with Priorities, it does not see it as a valid email address. it would be nice to be able to generate priority level keys, for instance generate a key that would send EMERGENCY level alerts without having to add the +2 to the Address

zac
Cocoaforge Admin

Re: Priority embeded prowl key

Postby zac » Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:03 am

Sounds like the software needs to be fixed to support valid email addresses; their algorithm is wrong in what they are determining to be invalid. I'm not sure I want to work around the problem with the complicated setup of dedicating API keys to certain priorities :/ seems confusing and complicated.

jghansen
Harmless

Postby jghansen » Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:57 pm

I contacted the manufacturer and they told me : "The address you are using could be considered a SPAM address by their system and there's nothing that can be done about that. You will have to use another address."
I am also finding the same problem in many other places. i tried to set up a e-mail forward on one of my many Domain Servers and They wont allow "special Characters" Also. I was able to set up a e-mail forward in Gmail though. not sure how fast it is going to be

zac
Cocoaforge Admin

Postby zac » Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:59 pm

jghansen wrote:I contacted the manufacturer and they told me : "The address you are using could be considered a SPAM address by their system and there's nothing that can be done about that. You will have to use another address."

What attribute does it determine that it's "spam"? Having a + in an email addresses is perfectly valid. Sounds like a terrible copout on their part from validating email addresses correctly.

I am also finding the same problem in many other places. i tried to set up a e-mail forward on one of my many Domain Servers and They wont allow "special Characters" Also.

Same situation. + is NOT a special character; it is a perfectly valid character in email addresses.

I was able to set up a e-mail forward in Gmail though. not sure how fast it is going to be

Shouldn't be much of a delay, Google only adds a few seconds of latency between receipt of the email on their end and submitting to the Prowl servers.

Return to “Prowl”