What to do with the stuff in the Scripts folder in Growl.dmg

The Growl forums have moved to Google Groups, this forum is read only.
ozean
Latté

What to do with the stuff in the Scripts folder in Growl.dmg

Postby ozean » Tue Mar 01, 2005 9:34 am

What am I supposed to do with the scripts in the Scripts folder of the Growl 0.6.x disk image? Forgive my ingnorance, but I spent quite a while looking for information about these scripts: am I blind or is there is no documentation anywhere about what to do with these scripts? :(

Otherwise: thanks for the great new release! Now it finally displays the correct information about which account has gotten new mail!

Too bad that the old BUBBLES can't be deleted…

The_Tick
Cocoaforge Admin

Postby The_Tick » Tue Mar 01, 2005 9:36 am

Well find a way to remove BUBBLES! for ya. Regarding scripts, open them in apple script studio and they should have readme's at the top of them, if they are applescripts. If they are other kinds of scripts you'd have to read them however they are usually read. Post if you have a question on a specific script.

Diggory
Growl Team

Postby Diggory » Tue Mar 01, 2005 3:38 pm

Hi,

You can basically store the applescripts wherever you want - I like to keep mine in ~/Library/Scripts/ so that they show up in the Script Menu.

ozean
Latté

Postby ozean » Tue Mar 01, 2005 7:10 pm

Thanks! I'll take a peek at the script read mes.

bedoughty
Harmless

Mail Advanced?

Postby bedoughty » Wed Mar 02, 2005 6:54 am

The mail advanced script doesn't have any readme.. any chance we could have an explanation? I see it opens address book... what then?

Diggory
Growl Team

Re: Mail Advanced?

Postby Diggory » Wed Mar 02, 2005 4:28 pm

bedoughty wrote:The mail advanced script doesn't have any readme.. any chance we could have an explanation? I see it opens address book... what then?

It's a mail notification script - if used as part of a mail rule then it will use growl to notify you of the mail's sender - including their picture from address book - if they have one.

Return to “Growl”