Entourage Tip

The Growl forums have moved to Google Groups, this forum is read only.
GadgetComa
Harmless

Entourage Tip

Postby GadgetComa » Sun Jun 03, 2007 11:35 pm

If you're having problems with Entourage not executing rules, check to see if you have the Mailing List Manager enabled. I couldn't get Growl to work (or some other Entourage scripts for that matter) until I disabled the Mailing List Manager. Not sure if there is any other workaround that leaves the Mailing List Manager enabled, but it wasn't a big deal for me.

Hope this helps somebody. :)

TTheInfamous1
Harmless

Glad this was brought up

Postby TTheInfamous1 » Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:31 am

Sorry, this is my first post. Most likely a stupid post/question as well...

I tried doing what you said... However, I'm still having a hell of a time getting Growl to even work with MS Entourage. Any thoughts?

Thanks.

GadgetComa
Harmless

Postby GadgetComa » Fri Jun 08, 2007 3:19 pm

I haven't had much experience with other Growl/Entourage issues. The only problems I've had are getting Entourage to let me select the Growl script and the Mailing List Manager tip I posted.

But, please describe your problem in more detail and maybe I can help you figure it out.

lugas
Harmless

Postby lugas » Thu Jun 14, 2007 2:35 am

I am also with problems to make une rule in Entourage. I have put the scrips in the Scrip folder of the Sistem as said in the instructions. But in the rule when I go to the folder to select the scrips they are not selectable.
I tried also to desable the Mailling Lis t Manager but with no success.
Luis Gaspar

Diggory
Growl Team

Postby Diggory » Thu Jun 14, 2007 3:17 am

Open the entourage script in script editor - and save it again. This should make it selectable.

lugas
Harmless

Postby lugas » Tue Jun 19, 2007 6:47 pm

Thanks. Worked fine.
Luis Gaspar

lugas
Harmless

Postby lugas » Tue Jun 19, 2007 7:00 pm

Diggory,
Still another question:
should I choose
Entourage advanced scpt
or
Entourage.scpt
Or both in diferent rules?
Thanks in advance.
Luis Gaspar

Diggory
Growl Team

Postby Diggory » Thu Jun 21, 2007 2:30 am

Basically, as far as I remember, 'advanced' is a separate script which uses Apple's Address Book app to look-up the picture of the sender of the email and use it as the image in the Growl notification.

So - you should use only one:

'Advanced' if you want the picture of the sender in the notification, and don't mind AppleScript launching Address Book every time you get an email (I tend not to as I launch abook on login and hide it.)

Or you could use the normal one.

It's really up to you. I assumed that the relevant info was in the 'readme' files for the scripts - but maybe it's not - I haven't touched them for a couple of years.

If you want to use the so called 'advanced' scripts for either Mail.app or Entourage and want Address Book launched, and hidden, on login - you can use the following script (paste it into 'Script Editor.app' then save as an application - then add that application to your login items from the 'Accounts' preference pane in System Preferences.)

Code: Select all

tell application "Address Book"
   activate
   close first window
end tell

[url=applescript://com.apple.scripteditor?action=new&script=tell%20application%20%22Address%20Book%22%0D%09activate%0D%09close%20first%20window%0Dend%20tell]Or click here to create a new script automatically without copy and paste[/url]

Return to “Growl”