Where are the scripts!!!!!!

The Growl forums have moved to Google Groups, this forum is read only.
kimpton
Harmless

Where are the scripts!!!!!!

Postby kimpton » Fri Apr 25, 2008 12:43 pm

Hi the growl website sucks. wtf they removed the scripts for Entourge. Searched the web and found out every one is p*ssed and can't find them.

get v 0.76 here (link removed)
Last edited by bgannin on Sat Apr 26, 2008 2:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: All caps is rude, perhaps you should keep that in mind. Second edit: I don't like unknown external sites pointing users to a .rar that says it Growl. We are the canonical source and older versions are available from our site.

bgannin
Growl Team

Re: Where are the scripts!!!!!!

Postby bgannin » Fri Apr 25, 2008 2:48 pm

1. "website sucks" is purely opinion. And you are entitled to that, but it really is rather moot and useless to assert such drivel without sound reasoning.

2. We intentionally stopped shipping the scripts because no one maintained them.

So, wtf indeed.
Try my software!

#define ADIUMX pimp //by me
#define QUESTION ((2b) || (!2b))
Have you hugged a programmer today?

kimpton
Harmless

Postby kimpton » Fri Apr 25, 2008 3:49 pm

To state on the site it supports Entourage and then not to maintain or provide the scripts is just plain dumb and helping others searching the web for the scripts is great!

So go Moot yourself!

The_Tick
Cocoaforge Admin

Postby The_Tick » Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:18 pm

Be nice, we'll remove that when we have time, it is on the list. There is no need for you to act like a five year old who can't get the sucker at the front of the grocery shop just because we forgot to remove some xhtml and an image from the website.

bgannin
Growl Team

Postby bgannin » Sat Apr 26, 2008 2:26 am

I've removed the link because it pointed to a third party site that is unknown (thus untrusted) and because it's a rar file, which is not Mac OS X standard is certainly not how it was originally distributed. As I noted in the edit comment, we are the canonical resource for Growl and older versions are available in source form if not binary form.
Try my software!

#define ADIUMX pimp //by me

#define QUESTION ((2b) || (!2b))

Have you hugged a programmer today?

kimpton
Harmless

Tick you make me chuckle

Postby kimpton » Sun Apr 27, 2008 9:01 pm

I see Tick you cannot take criticism well lol. Very sad to make a lame attempt to try and be funny with pathetic kiddie inuendous and is always a sign of a weak mind. May be i can give you some tips in website design and may be throw in a few retorts for your future reference lol. :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

The_Tick
Cocoaforge Admin

Postby The_Tick » Mon Apr 28, 2008 3:17 am

Huh, inuendo's? No, I was being very blunt. I'm sorry you feel the need to yell at people who work on something because they want to, and not because they need to. I'm sorry you called our website crap, even though a lot of people have put a lot of hours into it, and you found one of the few instances of old data. I'm sorry you found the need to express anger rather than to offer to help out.

That's all being blunt, there is nothing in here I do not mean as I have said it. Look at my rather extensive posting history, typically I post shorter but more specific posts than most other people, and they take it as something other than exactly how I typed it. I've had to explain, time and time again, that it's very specific so as to not draw any other conclusions than what was typed.

If you feel the need to report my developers again, please feel free to take it up with me instead, or take it up publicly in the forums. Personally I don't care who you are, you insulted us and now you want to be treated like you are the queen of the hill. You need to think about how you present yourself initially, because that's certainly the first thing most people are going to see when they start looking at a forum thread with !!! in it.

We didn't call you names or insult you, but you insulted us. Seriously.

I'm relocking this thread since the topic is resolved. We're going to continue to improve the website, but it's going to take some time since most of us work 50-100 hours a week, and have lives of our own. If you would like to help, please feel free to contact us.

Return to “Growl”