Notification no work

The Growl forums have moved to Google Groups, this forum is read only.
kooby008
Harmless

Notification no work

Postby kooby008 » Thu May 08, 2008 11:04 am

Hello every body,

I work with a Imac intel under Tiger 10.4.11.

I installed growl and it only works for an application: timer

No display for Thunderbird, Firefox, Adium, Coda, Cog ... However, the applications are present in preferences system. I uninstall growl with appcleaner, I made a reset of the pram, and clean with onyx, but always the same conclusion. Growl does appear that one application: timer.

Can you help me solve this problem?

I do not know what to do, thank you

revolution
Crema

Re: Notification no work

Postby revolution » Sun May 11, 2008 4:06 pm

All the applications you listed (not sure about Coda) need configuring to work with Growl.

For Adium have you configured Growl notifications under the events preferences? you can add when you want the Growl notification to appear.

For Firefox and Thunderbird you need to install extras in order to have Growl notifications. They won't work out of the box.

bgannin
Growl Team

Postby bgannin » Sun May 11, 2008 4:14 pm

Coda should work out of the box. The other question would be - have you installed Logitech Control Center? (a sadly repetitive question that will finally be silenced in 1.1.3 [no ETA, don't ask])

Neither PRAM zapping nor cleaning via Onyx should have an effect as they don't touch anything Growl would be using.
Try my software!

#define ADIUMX pimp //by me
#define QUESTION ((2b) || (!2b))
Have you hugged a programmer today?

kooby008
Harmless

Postby kooby008 » Sun May 11, 2008 5:47 pm

by revolution on Sun May 11, 2008 5:06 pm
All the applications you listed (not sure about Coda) need configuring to work with Growl.

For Adium have you configured Growl notifications under the events preferences? you can add when you want the Growl notification to appear.

For Firefox and Thunderbird you need to install extras in order to have Growl notifications. They won't work out of the box.

Yes I configured Adium and I have the modules for Firefox and Thunderbird =-)

by bgannin on Sun May 11, 2008 5:14 pm
Coda should work out of the box. The other question would be - have you installed Logitech Control Center? (a sadly repetitive question that will finally be silenced in 1.1.3 [no ETA, don't ask])

Neither PRAM zapping nor cleaning via Onyx should have an effect as they don't touch anything Growl would be using.

I read in this forum that's a problem with Logitech Control Center. I removed them and the problem doesn't be solved. Since I have re installed. But maybe I don't exactly or/and perflectly remove LCC. Tor remove I used Appcleaner.

revolution
Crema

Postby revolution » Sun May 11, 2008 8:09 pm

You only need to remove the scroll enhancer from /library/application support/SIMBL/plugins no need to remove it all completely. At least thats what I did on my iMac.

kooby008
Harmless

Postby kooby008 » Tue May 13, 2008 11:10 am

by revolution on Sun May 11, 2008 9:09 pm
You only need to remove the scroll enhancer from /library/application support/SIMBL/plugins no need to remove it all completely. At least thats what I did on my iMac.

I don't find the directory SIMBL in my /library/application support.

Then, I'm fed up to to can't use growl, I uninstall LCC (all prefpanes) and growl work fine. And for my button's MX 1000 work perfectly I install Steermouse. It's all ok.

Thank all for your help.

Return to “Growl”