Embedding Growl 1.2 installer into another installer

The Growl forums have moved to Google Groups, this forum is read only.
slammens
Harmless

Embedding Growl 1.2 installer into another installer

Postby slammens » Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:32 pm

Hi,

I have been using Growl in an application and was able to embed Growl 1.14 into my own installer. When trying this with the 1.2 installer it just does not work. I have tried to add the growl installer as a component in packagemaker and iceberg just like I have done with the old one, but nothing works. Is there anything I am missing, any way to resolve this?

Thanks!

boredzo
Cocoaforge Admin

Re: Embedding Growl 1.2 installer into another installer

Postby boredzo » Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:50 am

slammens wrote:I have been using Growl in an application and was able to embed Growl 1.14 into my own installer. When trying this with the 1.2 installer it just does not work.

Can you be more specific, please?

Also, why not use the Growl-WithInstaller framework?

slammens
Harmless

Postby slammens » Fri Oct 09, 2009 4:51 pm

boredzo wrote:
slammens wrote:I have been using Growl in an application and was able to embed Growl 1.14 into my own installer. When trying this with the 1.2 installer it just does not work.

Can you be more specific, please?

Also, why not use the Growl-WithInstaller framework?

I have a been using Iceberg (Image) to create installers, it allows to add existing .pkg files (http://s.sudre.free.fr/Software/documentation/Iceberg/English.lproj/documentation/Managing%20components.html) as components to an installer, these components will be installed together with my app. The problem now is that I can not add the Growl 1.2 pkg file as a component to my installer, not with Iceberg and also not with PackageMaker from Apple.

I have not looked at using the Growl-WithInstaller framework, adding it as a component to the installer was the most easy and fast way for my small app.

boredzo
Cocoaforge Admin

Postby boredzo » Sat Oct 10, 2009 1:39 am

slammens wrote:I have not looked at using the Growl-WithInstaller framework, adding it as a component to the installer was the most easy and fast way for my small app.

Actually, using the Growl-WithInstaller framework is easier than using the non-installer framework, since all you have to do is use a different framework. There's no extra work in your code, and definitely no extra work on the Installer/PackageMaker/Iceberg front.

Return to “Growl”