More GrowlMail weirdness

The Growl forums have moved to Google Groups, this forum is read only.
Jax
Latté

More GrowlMail weirdness

Post by Jax »

Today I was changing some of the "rules" in my mail.app... I was trying to filter a couple of the people in the lab I work at into my "work" emailbox automatically when they were received. I told mail.app to apply the rule after I changed it and all of the sudden I got like 100 notifications of random old messages pop up on my screen! There were so many that they were going off the screen, and I figured there were some off screen that I could no longer click on. The only way to remove them was to change my monitor resolution, which resulted in this.

So #1 why did all those notifications randomly pop up,
#2 why did they pile up off screen, and
#3 why did they look so funky after changing my resolution (keep in mind that before I changed the resolutions I could not see any more notifications, and after changing resolution the notifications popped back on screen).

Maybe rather than putting notifications offscreen, growl should stat a new column or something...[/list]
Jax
Latté

Post by Jax »

the ((null)) is also weird in the headers... never seen that before
Jax
Latté

Post by Jax »

I forgot to mention, I'm using the latest beta...
Wengero
Crema

Post by Wengero »

why dont you upgrade to the full version?
Jax
Latté

Post by Jax »

Do you mean downgrade?

I'm trying the latest beta because of the growlmail bugs (but it doesnt seem to fix them, and possibly creates more). Anyways, I thought it was worth reporting to see what you guys thought.

So downgrading from 0.7.1b2 to 0.7 won't help because 0.7 has other features of growl mail not working.
The_Tick
Cocoaforge Admin

Post by The_Tick »

Wengero wrote:why dont you upgrade to the full version?

What in the world do you mean by this?
dturley
Latté

Post by dturley »

I've seen instances where I had a large number of email alerts come in, and they ran off the screen. Perhaps Growl should respect the screen size and keep the alerts on screen. Maybe it's an issue with the style? I use Bezel for alerts for Skype, iChat, and Adium and these come in succession. The Crystal style I use for emails, shows the alerts all at once, which is why they run off the screen.
Diggory
Growl Team

Post by Diggory »

The current code to stop notifications going off-screen is somewhat... basic.

This is a known problem - and should be solved by the swanky new positioning system - which is planned for 0.8

http://trac.growl.info/trac/ticket/36