(Request) changes to the GrowlHelperApp Automator Action

The Growl forums have moved to Google Groups, this forum is read only.
Sean
Latté

(Request) changes to the GrowlHelperApp Automator Action

Postby Sean » Mon Jan 30, 2006 4:16 am

It'd be nice if we are able to pick the display style for the Growl automator action. Right now it always seems to do Smoke and there is no way to change it to show the notification in the Music Video style for example. A drop down to select the display style like inside Growl would work well for this.

Also the font size for the show growl notification action seems to be twice as big as every other action in Automator, here's a screenshot of what I mean:

The_Tick
Cocoaforge Admin

Postby The_Tick » Mon Jan 30, 2006 4:32 am

Is smoke your default? If so, this isn't going to change.

Sean
Latté

Postby Sean » Mon Jan 30, 2006 4:55 am

Smoke was my default, but then I switched my default to Music Video and the automator action still displayed as Smoke. So it doesn't seem to be taking the default style either.

The_Tick
Cocoaforge Admin

Postby The_Tick » Mon Jan 30, 2006 5:00 am

Sean wrote:Smoke was my default, but then I switched my default to Music Video and the automator action still displayed as Smoke. So it doesn't seem to be taking the default style either.

Can you screen shot a sample automator setup for what you are doing so I can try to replicate this at home?

I don't know automator, so the more info you give the easier it'll be for me.

yelly
Crema

Postby yelly » Mon Jan 30, 2006 1:37 pm

you can change the display style for Automator under Growl-Applications-automator after running a workflow containing the action at least once.

Return to “Growl”