Growl + applescripts

The Growl forums have moved to Google Groups, this forum is read only.
elliot_hook
Harmless

Growl + applescripts

Postby elliot_hook » Wed Mar 08, 2006 5:55 pm

I have been reading another thread which is of similar interest to my point here:

http://forums.cocoaforge.com/viewtopic. ... pplescript

so i hope this is ok as a new topic.

I noticed that the applescripts were using a command "on GrowlNotify()". Does this mean that it is possible to use growl to activate applescripts? You see, i want to create a script that will close Azureus once the share ratio >1. I use ribbit to send growl notifactions from Azureus to Growl and so have the necessary notifications in place. I was just wondering whether it would be possible to either make this notification activate a script, or when i leave the house in the morning start a script running that would await the correct applescript and then close Azureus?

Thank you for any help
----------------------------------------
Elliot

Diggory
Growl Team

Postby Diggory » Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:25 pm

No -- It's not possible to get Growl to run scripts - the usage of "on growlNotfiy()" there is an AppleScript 'routine' or user-made function - much like the "to fooBar()" syntax.

In my opinion, ideally at some point (a long way) in the future Growl would have 'rules' which would allow you to do what you want.

I think The_Tick is against rules, however as they are too complex for the average user and complicate the UI.

The_Tick
Cocoaforge Admin

Postby The_Tick » Wed Mar 08, 2006 8:50 pm

Diggory wrote:I think The_Tick is against rules, however as they are too complex for the average user and complicate the UI.

If someone came up with a UI that doesn't make me go wtf, I'd be for them.

Return to “Growl”