Newbie questions about Growl and HardwareGrowl

The Growl forums have moved to Google Groups, this forum is read only.
arkabas
Harmless

Newbie questions about Growl and HardwareGrowl

Post by arkabas »

Hi everyone,

Love the program but have two problems with it.

First problem: The notification boxes seem to be laggy on my iBook G4 1.33 GHz (Tiger 10.4.5). All expect bezel and music video appear and disappear fine, but suddenly flash just before they fully fade away. Nothing terrible but it ruins the nice fade away effect.

Second problem: I am using a hacked version of HardwareGrowl (found on this forum) that runs without appearing in the dock. Everything is great except that it displays the devices I have plugged in at launch. For example, my USB mouse is always plugged in. And when I log in I get about 3 messages (USB mouse, USB controller, etc.). Is there anyway to disable this? Can I disable this login recognition of devices?

Thanks very much in advance for any help.
yelly
Crema

Post by yelly »

I get about 10 notifications on startup (add internet which includes wireless connection, new IP... and iPod to what you said) so yeah, that would be nice.
also using moded app.
Diggory
Growl Team

Post by Diggory »

Make it visible again - then when it runs check out the preferences. There is a checkbox that turns off start-up notifications.

This is one reason why it doesn't come as an 'invisible' app.
evands
Cocoaforge Admin

Post by evands »

Check the preferences -- there's an option not to display notifications on things when it starts up. It's a bit buggy in the current release, improved a bit for the next.
The duck still burns.
--
My company: Saltatory Software. Check it out :)
arkabas
Harmless

Post by arkabas »

Thanks, everything worked great. Sorry I didn't check preferences before posting. What about my other problem. The laggy fade out effect? Any ideas?
djmori
Mocha

Re: Newbie questions about Growl and HardwareGrowl

Post by djmori »

arkabas wrote:Second problem: I am using a hacked version of HardwareGrowl (found on this forum) that runs without appearing in the dock. Everything is great except that it displays the devices I have plugged in at launch. For example, my USB mouse is always plugged in. And when I log in I get about 3 messages (USB mouse, USB controller, etc.). Is there anyway to disable this? Can I disable this login recognition of devices?

Thanks very much in advance for any help.

can i make a suggestion? use the standart hardware growler + dockless (a little app that alows you to choose disable apps appearing in the dock)