Some Growl issues

The Growl forums have moved to Google Groups, this forum is read only.
mdmac
Harmless

Some Growl issues

Postby mdmac » Thu Aug 03, 2006 10:26 pm

First the minor one. The menu icon doesn't conform to the standard OS X method for reorganizing menu icons. You SHOULD be able to hold down the command key and click on the icon to change its position. With Growl icon this doesn't work.

Second and more of a problem for me. I have messages forwarding from an OS X Server to my desktop Mac. I want the messages to only appear on the desktop Mac. If i set them to not be sticky on the server then they quickly dissappear on the server (good) but aren't sticky on the desktop (bad). If i leave it in it's default position then the notifications pile up on the server (bad).

Finally, if the desktop machine is offline/sleeping the messages aren't re-sent when the machine wakes up. I guess there is no confirmation of message acceptance in Growl?!?

Addressing these issues would make me Growl!

Thanks for listening

Macskeeball
Frappa

Re: Some Growl issues

Postby Macskeeball » Thu Aug 03, 2006 11:42 pm

mdmac wrote:First the minor one. The menu icon doesn't conform to the standard OS X method for reorganizing menu icons. You SHOULD be able to hold down the command key and click on the icon to change its position. With Growl icon this doesn't work.

This is true for almost all third party menu extras. In order to support command-drag, the Growl developers would have to use a closed, private framework.

evands
Cocoaforge Admin

Postby evands » Fri Aug 04, 2006 12:16 am

As to your network questions / comments:

All of these are limitations of Growl at present... you're not doing anything wrong. However, I would like to see both implemented -- the ability to forward without showing locally and the ability to have messages which aren't received be resent when possible... are you interested in working on coding either?
The duck still burns.
--
My company: Saltatory Software. Check it out :)

The_Tick
Cocoaforge Admin

Re: Some Growl issues

Postby The_Tick » Fri Aug 04, 2006 12:20 am

Macskeeball wrote:
mdmac wrote:First the minor one. The menu icon doesn't conform to the standard OS X method for reorganizing menu icons. You SHOULD be able to hold down the command key and click on the icon to change its position. With Growl icon this doesn't work.

This is true for almost all third party menu extras. In order to support command-drag, the Growl developers would have to use a closed, private framework.

One we will never use.

Return to “Growl”