Question about GrowlMail

The Growl forums have moved to Google Groups, this forum is read only.
MBHockey
Crema

Question about GrowlMail

Postby MBHockey » Sun Aug 06, 2006 6:45 pm

I just started using Mail.app again, and i'd like to set up GrowlMail with it. Can you tell me if Growl can do the following?

I'd like to have Growl notifications stick to the window when i am not at the computer, since i keep my dock hidden. However, i'd also like them not to stick to the screen when i am actively using my computer, because i will have seen the notification (most likely, and if i don't, that's my problem.)

So is there an option in Growl for it to distinguish between when i'm actively using the computer, and when it's idle?

I've tried various combinations of preferences to this point, but haven't got it quite the way i'd like it, so i came here to get it straight from the horse's...err Tick's...mouth

;)

Macskeeball
Frappa

Postby Macskeeball » Sun Aug 06, 2006 8:49 pm

Under the General tab in the Growl preference pane of System Preferences, you can check a box to sticky notifications after 30 seconds of inactivity.

MBHockey
Crema

Postby MBHockey » Sun Aug 06, 2006 9:01 pm

I believe i have tried that. I tried a bunch of different things, am now i'm not really sure what i've done. I'll give it a go in a bit. Thanks.

MBHockey
Crema

Postby MBHockey » Sun Aug 06, 2006 10:48 pm

Could you expand further on how that option is supposed to work. Because i just emailed myself, and stopped touching my computer. Mail got the new email a minute later and the Growl notification popped up. Still not touching my computer...

it only stayed up for 5 seconds and disappeared. Does it only work if your computer is already idle at the time of the growl notification?

MBHockey
Crema

Postby MBHockey » Mon Aug 07, 2006 5:42 am

Hmm...indeed, it seems your computer must be idle prior to the Growl notification for this to occur (I was just gone for 5 hours and when i got back i had three sticky growl notifications)

Return to “Growl”