Never FTPd Before, Cyberduck to Photobucket?

The Cyberduck forums have moved to Google Groups, this forum is read only.
joyriders
Harmless

Never FTPd Before, Cyberduck to Photobucket?

Post by joyriders »

I just got a job that requires uploading photos from my computer to a photo hosting site (chosen by the guy I work for). I've been uploading photos one at a time, but he wanted to switch to FTP using Photobucket. I use a Mac, however, and the Photobucket software doesn't support Macs, I guess. My question is, can I use Cyberduck to upload photos to be stored on Photobucket, or am I SOL?
NikonMike
Harmless

Should work!

Post by NikonMike »

I'm not familiar with Photobucket, but their FAQ page says they support ftp, so any ftp client including Cyberduck should do.
The FTP settings for use with other FTP programs are:
host address: ftp.photobucket.com
port: 21
username: your Photobucket username
password: your Photobucket password
directory: blank or default
You may need to use 'Passive Mode' if you are using a firewall.
More details here:
http://tutorials.photobucket.com/tutorial_7.html

I believe Cyberduck uses passive mode by default so you should be fine.
diamondblast
Harmless

Re: Never FTPd Before, Cyberduck to Photobucket?

Post by diamondblast »

joyriders wrote:I just got a job that requires uploading photos from my computer to a photo hosting site (chosen by the guy I work for). I've been uploading photos one at a time, but he wanted to switch to FTP using Photobucket. I use a Mac, however, and the Photobucket software doesn't support Macs, I guess. My question is, can I use Cyberduck to upload photos to be stored on Photobucket, or am I SOL?
try to read the FAQ
if that doesn't help, they have a very helpful customer service. I want to recommend these two sites discussfitness.com, jemsite.com.
hope you'll be well :) and happy
bye bye