Removing Cyberduck icon from downloaded files

The Cyberduck forums have moved to Google Groups, this forum is read only.
jmaynard
Harmless

Removing Cyberduck icon from downloaded files

Post by jmaynard »

I've set the preference to turn off applying the Cyberduck icon to downloaded files, after downloading 1.9 GB of data over my DSL and finding all of the files with that set. How do I remove the icon from files that already have it set? I tried using the Get Info window to do that (copy the icon from a file that has the default icon), but that got me nowhere. I even have the Cyberduck icon on the files after copying to a machine that doesn't even have Cyberduck installed. Argh!

FWIW, I find this behavior extremely antisocial, as the file icon should reflect what the file is. I don't care how it got on my machine. There should be a preference to turn it off, not just an extremely obscure text command. It should be off by default, as well.
ToonGeneral
Harmless

Post by ToonGeneral »

jmaynard, what was the command to turn off the cyberduck icon? It's really annoying me too, because if cyberduck crashes after the download is complete but before it has been shut down correctly it doesn't always remove the icon. If I can turn it off in the first place that would be helpful!
diamondblast
Harmless

Re: Removing Cyberduck icon from downloaded files

Post by diamondblast »

jmaynard wrote:I've set the preference to turn off applying the Cyberduck icon to downloaded files, after downloading 1.9 GB of data over my DSL and finding all of the files with that set. How do I remove the icon from files that already have it set? I tried using the Get Info window to do that (copy the icon from a file that has the default icon), but that got me nowhere. I even have the Cyberduck icon on the files after copying to a machine that doesn't even have Cyberduck installed. Argh!

FWIW, I find this behavior extremely antisocial, as the file icon should reflect what the file is. I don't care how it got on my machine. There should be a preference to turn it off, not just an extremely obscure text command. It should be off by default, as well.
softwares can be unsocial too (not just people)
if a person is unsocial, you avoid him
thats my advice to you in this case :) avoid it
or try to change it Any how you can enjoy these sites,thereeftank.com,jemsite.com