Scripting Cyberduck to auto-resume

The Cyberduck forums have moved to Google Groups, this forum is read only.
ToonGeneral
Harmless

Scripting Cyberduck to auto-resume

Post by ToonGeneral »

Hi guys,

Recently started using Cyberduck for SFTP connections to a remote server. I have to regularly transfer several large files perhaps two or three times a week. Large enough that it can take 24hrs+ even on a 2Mb ADSL line. Because my ISP has a Fair Use policy in place I tend to arrange these transfers overnight, which means if anything goes wrong then I am sound asleep and don't notice until the morning. Unfortunately a combination of a poor router dropping connections (this is being addressed) and Cyberduck crashing is causing big delays to our progress. Despite searching the preferences I couldn't seem to find an auto-resume function.

Therefore I was considering setting up an AppleScript to check the transfer status every 30mins or so during the transfer hours and resume it if it has dropped off. I am only recently a Mac convert and frankly my AppleScript knowledge sucks. Can this be achieved with Cyberduck at the moment?

Any help will be very greatly received.

Cheers.
diamondblast
Harmless

Re: Scripting Cyberduck to auto-resume

Post by diamondblast »

ToonGeneral wrote:Hi guys,

Recently started using Cyberduck for SFTP connections to a remote server. I have to regularly transfer several large files perhaps two or three times a week. Large enough that it can take 24hrs+ even on a 2Mb ADSL line. Because my ISP has a Fair Use policy in place I tend to arrange these transfers overnight, which means if anything goes wrong then I am sound asleep and don't notice until the morning. Unfortunately a combination of a poor router dropping connections (this is being addressed) and Cyberduck crashing is causing big delays to our progress. Despite searching the preferences I couldn't seem to find an auto-resume function.

Therefore I was considering setting up an AppleScript to check the transfer status every 30mins or so during the transfer hours and resume it if it has dropped off. I am only recently a Mac convert and frankly my AppleScript knowledge sucks. Can this be achieved with Cyberduck at the moment?

Any help will be very greatly received.

Cheers.
I really don't know if this can be achieved.
but I think that if you achieve it won't do you any good because it won't restart the connection
try to change the router :) or the supplier
hope it helped