Transfer Incomplete

The Cyberduck forums have moved to Google Groups, this forum is read only.
mookieana
Harmless

Transfer Incomplete

Postby mookieana » Fri May 09, 2008 12:32 am

Just installed Version 3.0b3, I am trying to upload some files and I keep getting this message;
Transfer Incomplete. It starts uploading fine then, then times out...

My settings are;
Connect mode: default
Encoding: default

Any suggestions? :sad:

maxblast
Harmless

Re: Transfer Incomplete

Postby maxblast » Wed May 14, 2008 5:13 pm

same here, though i am using 3.0 from may14th... whats wrong? i simply hit update when cyberduck prompted me today, but that rendered the app useless. it always kills uploads at around 4mb....

username
Harmless

Postby username » Wed May 14, 2008 9:19 pm

I had the same issue when I updated... this is how I fixed the problem.

Download the older version 2.8.5 from http://cyberduck.ch/changelog.php
Change the Cyberduck folder name that is currently in the apps folder to Cyberduck3 or something like that. Now...Install 2.8.5 in the Apps folder and replace the icon in the dock. It should keep all of your bookmarks and everthing.

Hope this helps... it worked for me.

FlukeyNZ
Harmless

Postby FlukeyNZ » Wed May 14, 2008 10:06 pm

I am having a similar issue. I log onto the ftp to Edit files using Smultron, I select all the files i want and click edit, it only opens 1 file and says Download Failed at the bottom. I can change that 1 file and upload fine, no problems there.

Also i have set my default Editor to Smultron, but all my .asp files want to be opened with Text Wrangler and wont change =/

maxblast
Harmless

Postby maxblast » Thu May 15, 2008 8:15 am

well so your fix is to go back to 2.8.5? what a fix hehe, but i did the same! maybe the next update brings the buigfixes.... and maybe back the bookmark drawer :)

dkocher
Cyberduck Team

Postby dkocher » Thu May 15, 2008 9:36 pm

FlukeyNZ wrote:I am having a similar issue. I log onto the ftp to Edit files using Smultron, I select all the files i want and click edit, it only opens 1 file and says Download Failed at the bottom. I can change that 1 file and upload fine, no problems there.

Also i have set my default Editor to Smultron, but all my .asp files want to be opened with Text Wrangler and wont change =/

This issue just got fixed in the latest nightly build at http://update.cyberduck.ch/nightly/

teacup
Harmless

Postby teacup » Sat May 17, 2008 1:08 pm

Yes, I have the same problem:

Smaller files up to 10-15MB are downloading fine. But I have several backup-files of about 60-70 MB which I really do not get back from my webserver. Downloads always break with: "transfer incomplete" at about half of the file size. Before this I can see the status changing to "checking connection". HTH

Returning to the former 2.8.5 solved this issue. Mhm... too bad. I want to keep my duckie up to date...

regards, teacup

dkocher
Cyberduck Team

Postby dkocher » Sat May 17, 2008 1:15 pm

teacup wrote:Yes, I have the same problem:

Smaller files up to 10-15MB are downloading fine. But I have several backup-files of about 60-70 MB which I really do not get back from my webserver. Downloads always break with: "transfer incomplete" at about half of the file size. Before this I can see the status changing to "checking connection". HTH

Returning to the former 2.8.5 solved this issue. Mhm... too bad. I want to keep my duckie up to date...

regards, teacup

Uncheck 'Send 'no operation' command to keep connection alive in Cyberduck → Preferences → Connection until this is fixed or try the latest nightly build from [http://update.cyberduck.ch/nightly].

teacup
Harmless

Postby teacup » Sat May 17, 2008 1:38 pm

Thank you for this quick answer.

I downgraded to 2.8.5 - this noop-command seems to work there. I am not sure if I should try a nightly build. I think I will stick to 2.8.5 for the next time and check later for a new version. But thanks for your fast comment on this issue.

dkocher
Cyberduck Team

Postby dkocher » Sat May 17, 2008 1:41 pm

teacup wrote:Thank you for this quick answer.

I downgraded to 2.8.5 - this noop-command seems to work there. I am not sure if I should try a nightly build. I think I will stick to 2.8.5 for the next time and check later for a new version. But thanks for your fast comment on this issue.

You should be safe with the current nightly build. It is what will be 3.0.1.

sunnflower05
Harmless

Postby sunnflower05 » Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:39 am

Can anyone tell me why adium won't download for me, it quits half way through with an poxic error rest by peers. ie tried 2 diff machines windows and a mac and get same error

Return to “Cyberduck”