IO Error: Read timed out

The Cyberduck forums have moved to Google Groups, this forum is read only.
revolution
Crema

IO Error: Read timed out

Postby revolution » Fri Sep 16, 2005 3:39 pm

I keep getting this error when trying to connect to the ftp server.

I have had no trouble til today, the only thing I have done is move to my uni house. I have not changed any settings on my firewall or with the server, it just won't connect, any ideas??

markremo
Harmless

Postby markremo » Sat Oct 22, 2005 4:45 am

I've been getting this same problem recently. It never happened before and then bam, now it happens about 50% of the time I try to upload using SubEthaEdit's Save command.

This message also crops up frequently now:

FTP Error: (check.php) The connection couldn't be accepted: Software caused connection abort

(check.php is the file I'm uploading.)

theveeper
Harmless

Re: IO Error: Read timed out

Postby theveeper » Tue Nov 01, 2005 11:19 pm

revolution wrote:I keep getting this error when trying to connect to the ftp server.

I have had no trouble til today, the only thing I have done is move to my uni house. I have not changed any settings on my firewall or with the server, it just won't connect, any ideas??

Hello, what's the deal with this? I'm not able to get Cyberduck to work at all anymore IO Error!!

Help!

Thanks!

possuvaan
Harmless

"IO error: Read timed out." while trying any norm

Postby possuvaan » Tue Dec 06, 2005 8:05 pm

Hi! I can't connect any normal FTP-site, only SFTP. I have firewall on in my OSX Tiger, but putting it off doesn't change anything. OSX integrated FTP connects well and so does any other FTP-client I tried, for example Fetch.

Is there some solution for this? I can currently use CyberDuck only in SFTP-servers.

hro1234
Harmless

Maybe found workaround

Postby hro1234 » Tue Dec 13, 2005 9:42 pm

Hi guys,

had the same issue, but after some fiddling around found that it still works fine via the bookmarks, just typing a new url in the quick connect keeps throwing the errors. So if i open the bookmarks sidebar and add the host there, it works.

Hope that helps someone.

Cheers,
Holger

possuvaan
Harmless

Postby possuvaan » Tue Dec 13, 2005 9:57 pm

This didn't work for me.. doesn't matter if i connect through bookmarks or just normally.. all regular ftp-connections end up to io error

Cine
Harmless

Postby Cine » Mon Dec 26, 2005 5:55 pm

I am currently trying to upload a backup, which is a bunch of files that is totally about 32mb, but every 2 minutes I keep getting a read error, stopping the whole thing. Gah. Extremely annoying. Any way to fix this?

possuvaan
Harmless

Postby possuvaan » Mon Dec 26, 2005 6:02 pm

I posted the "bug" to tracker.

revolution
Crema

Postby revolution » Thu Dec 29, 2005 6:37 pm

I'm getting this again. It stopped at uni, now I am at home I am getting it again. however, it is only on my 2 orgfree accounts. THe other account I have to access for CU works fine.

benwachtel
Harmless

Postby benwachtel » Thu Mar 23, 2006 1:27 pm

I'm getting the same error "IO error: Read timed out". I'm running a nightly FTP backup via AppleScript and every time I look the next day, this error appears. It actually seems that the file is uploading successfully but it seems that the error is keeping the rest of the AppleScript from running.

-Ben

Punmaster
Harmless

Postby Punmaster » Sat Apr 22, 2006 9:28 pm

I'm getting this error too. Is there anything, such as the services, firewall or internet option in the system preferences that can cause this problem?

Keeby
Harmless

Postby Keeby » Tue May 27, 2008 4:17 am

Same thing happening to me:

CyberDuck worked excellent for a while - then suddenly I can't even get my files listed. I'm given the same message as everyone else:

I/O Error: Connection failed

Read timed out

I even downloaded the latest version of CyberDuck and the same issue occurs.
I tried using another FTP software called Fetch, which is not Open-Source, and is not as nice, but it worked fine in terms of transfer.

stwb
Harmless

Postby stwb » Fri May 30, 2008 9:02 am

Do you have LittleSnitch or similar running?

This is sort of thing is usually caused by port 22 being blocked, either by LS or your router.

Try checking and opening port 22.

=-)

Return to “Cyberduck”