List-view carats don't work from keyboard?

The Cyberduck forums have moved to Google Groups, this forum is read only.
David3
Harmless

List-view carats don't work from keyboard?

Postby David3 » Sat Oct 08, 2005 9:49 pm

When logged onto a Web site with 2.5, I can't seem to open or close the list-view carats (triangles) from the keyboard (Command + right/left arrow). Instead I have to click on them. I am using a Ti 667 with OS 10.4.2.

Is this just me?

Also, why are you asking for "donations?" It makes you sound like a charity or other non-profit organization. If this is a good program and is worth paying for, why not simply say that it is shareware and costs $X?

Thank you,

David

zaudragon
Growl Team

Re: List-view carats don't work from keyboard?

Postby zaudragon » Sun Oct 09, 2005 12:20 am

David3 wrote:Also, why are you asking for "donations?" It makes you sound like a charity or other non-profit organization. If this is a good program and is worth paying for, why not simply say that it is shareware and costs $X?

I think it’s against the GPL to sell the product (unless you pay for warranties/support/physical copies). And donations are better in this case; better than none.
Blog | X(tras)
Communists code without classes.

David3
Harmless

Postby David3 » Sun Oct 09, 2005 8:35 pm

zaudragon wrote:I think it’s against the GPL to sell the product (unless you pay for warranties/support/physical copies). And donations are better in this case; better than none.

Sorry to be so ignorant about this (had to look up GPL to find out what it meant, for example), but isn't asking for donations then just a way of skirting the GPL?

Thank you,

David

zaudragon
Growl Team

Postby zaudragon » Sun Oct 09, 2005 8:41 pm

David3 wrote:
zaudragon wrote:I think it’s against the GPL to sell the product (unless you pay for warranties/support/physical copies). And donations are better in this case; better than none.

Sorry to be so ignorant about this (had to look up GPL to find out what it meant, for example), but isn't asking for donations then just a way of skirting the GPL?

Thank you,

David

The GPL allows donations; donations aren’t really needed anyways, they are just a generous gift…
Blog | X(tras)

dkocher
Cyberduck Team

Postby dkocher » Mon Oct 10, 2005 12:53 pm

David3 wrote:When logged onto a Web site with 2.5, I can't seem to open or close the list-view carats (triangles) from the keyboard (Command + right/left arrow). Instead I have to click on them. I am using a Ti 667 with OS 10.4.2.

Just use right/left arrow without command as in the Finder.app

dkocher
Cyberduck Team

Postby dkocher » Mon Oct 10, 2005 12:58 pm

zaudragon wrote:
David3 wrote:Also, why are you asking for "donations?" It makes you sound like a charity or other non-profit organization. If this is a good program and is worth paying for, why not simply say that it is shareware and costs $X?

I think it’s against the GPL to sell the product (unless you pay for warranties/support/physical copies). And donations are better in this case; better than none.

It is absolutely possible to seel copies of software under the GPL. Please read the GPL FAQ at http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html.

dkocher
Cyberduck Team

Postby dkocher » Mon Oct 10, 2005 1:05 pm

David3 wrote:

Thank you,

David

The license is not about the price but (mostly) about what you are allowed to do with the source code available. Please read the license (or an abstract thereof) if you are interested in this topic.

zaudragon
Growl Team

Postby zaudragon » Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:24 pm

dkocher wrote:
zaudragon wrote:

It is absolutely possible to seel copies of software under the GPL. Please read the GPL FAQ at http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html.

That’s why I put “(unless you pay for warranties/support/physical copies)”

EDIT: Oh yes, it does say you can charge for downloading too. Sorry ;)
Blog | X(tras)

David3
Harmless

Postby David3 » Tue Oct 11, 2005 11:36 pm

dkocher wrote:
Just use right/left arrow without command as in the Finder.app

Thank you--I don't know why but somehow all these years I've using Command + arrow key even when all I want to do is open or close a single folder.

David

David3
Harmless

Postby David3 » Tue Oct 11, 2005 11:38 pm

dkocher wrote: Just use right/left arrow without command as in the Finder.app

I guess I sent my previous reply too fast. You are right that the arrow key works fine for opening or closing a single folder in a list, but Command + arrow doesn't work for opening or closing all the folders in a list hierarchy (it works fine that way in the Finder).

Thank you,

David

Return to “Cyberduck”