Cannot Connect With SFTP

The Cyberduck forums have moved to Google Groups, this forum is read only.
limulus
Harmless

Cannot Connect With SFTP

Postby limulus » Sun Feb 06, 2005 11:58 pm

When attmpting to connect to an SFTP server, Cyberduck reports this Exception in console.log:

2005-02-06 16:51:58.617 Cyberduck[883] Exception raised during posting of notification. Ignored. exception: java/lang/NegativeArraySizeException
Stack Trace:
java.lang.NegativeArraySizeException
at com.sshtools.j2ssh.io.ByteArrayReader.readString(ByteArrayReader.java:147)
at com.sshtools.j2ssh.transport.publickey.SshKeyPairFactory.decodePublicKey(SshKeyPairFactory.java:199)
at com.sshtools.j2ssh.transport.AbstractKnownHostsKeyVerification.setKnownHostFile(AbstractKnownHostsKeyVerification.java:104)
at ch.cyberduck.ui.cocoa.CDHostKeyController.<init>(CDHostKeyController.java:62)
at ch.cyberduck.ui.cocoa.CDBrowserController.mount(CDBrowserController.java:1545)
at ch.cyberduck.ui.cocoa.CDConnectionController.closeSheet(CDConnectionController.java:465)

Cyberduck doesn't report any errors. I've deleted the Cyberduck preferences and Application Support folder, but the problem persists.

Any ideas?

zaudragon
Growl Team

Postby zaudragon » Mon Feb 07, 2005 1:37 am

I get no errors connecting…
Blog | X(tras)
Communists code without classes.

dkocher
Cyberduck Team

Postby dkocher » Mon Feb 07, 2005 1:12 pm

There seems to be an incompatible key in you known_hosts file. Removing the ~/.ssh/known_hosts file should solve the problem. Please let me know if this is a SSH1 key which causes the trouble.

limulus
Harmless

Postby limulus » Mon Feb 07, 2005 2:42 pm

That was it! The key itself was formatted as a string of string of numbers instead of the usual base64 that I'm used to seeing. Presumably that means it is an SSH1 key.

Thanks!

Return to “Cyberduck”