Downloading problems

The Cyberduck forums have moved to Google Groups, this forum is read only.
scott324
Harmless

Downloading problems

Postby scott324 » Tue Feb 08, 2005 5:16 pm

Hi,

I am a fairly regular Cyberduck user and I have only ever had this one problem. I am trying to download files from an FTP server that only allows 1 connection per user. I have set this as a general preference because if cyberduck lists usign multiple connections, it will try and connect multiple times and I will be disconnected. So, as of now, I have maximus allowed # of connections as 1 and passive mode. I can log in, browse directories, but when I try to download, the file waits in the queue and never downloads because it says there is already one connection and it has to wait on that connection to end.

As an experiment, I used the same settings in YummyFTP to test if it was the server and it downloaded perfectly.

Any suggestions or is this a problem other people are having? Any help would be great!

dkocher
Cyberduck Team

Postby dkocher » Tue Feb 08, 2005 6:45 pm

You can either close the browsing connection manually or apply the following setting as described in the FAQ. (This option will be in the graphical preferences in 2.4.1)

Limit the maximum number of simultaneous to a server to one in the 'Advanced' tab in the Preferences. In addition, to force the browser connection to close upon transferring a file, open a Terminal.app window and type:
defaults write ch.sudo.cyberduck connection.pool.force true

scott324
Harmless

Postby scott324 » Tue Feb 08, 2005 7:56 pm

Thanks so much for the reply. I am trying to get the terminal command to work but every time I try I get this error:

2005-02-08 14:54:53.859 defaults[3916]
Rep argument is not a dictionary
Defaults have not been changed.

I am logged in as the administrator and don't know what else to do...

dkocher
Cyberduck Team

Postby dkocher » Tue Feb 08, 2005 8:07 pm

scott324 wrote:Thanks so much for the reply. I am trying to get the terminal command to work but every time I try I get this error:

2005-02-08 14:54:53.859 defaults[3916]
Rep argument is not a dictionary
Defaults have not been changed.

I am logged in as the administrator and don't know what else to do...

There must be a space between ch.sudo.cyberduck and connection.pool.force

Best you copy&paste the above.

scott324
Harmless

Postby scott324 » Tue Feb 08, 2005 8:18 pm

Thanks for the help! Fixed the problem.

Return to “Cyberduck”